How it Works
Using carefully crafted assignments and questions to help you thoroughly dissect each of the six pillars of human resources, the HR Audit Checklist will help you get a detailed picture of your existing HR practices and will highlight the areas that require improvement.
The HR Audit Includes:
Employee Handbook and Policy Manual
- Review or create handbooks and manuals to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, including updates to such laws.
- Confirm that handbooks and manuals minimize exposure regarding employment-at-will and other federal and state laws governing the workplace.
- Ensure that updates reflect technological advances in the workplace.
Wage and Hour Matters
- Review classification of employees as exempt or non-exempt to ensure compliance with wage and hour laws and payment of overtime.
- Confirm that no employees are misclassified as contractors.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws pertaining to wage payment, including timing of paychecks (including pay on termination).
Manager and Staff Training
- Ensure all employees are trained regarding their rights and responsibilities under applicable equal employment opportunity laws, policies, the organization’s complaint procedure, and harassment prevention.
- Train managers with respect to harassment and general liability avoidance.
We know your business and the unique laws associated with your area because we live, work and play here, the same as you.
6 Pillars of Human Resource Management
Human Resources (HR) Operations
Benefits & Compensation
Don’t Know What Your Business Needs?
Schedule a consultation today with one of our HR experts to find out which one of the Combs Consulting Group’s services can best help your business. Is it time to outsource your HR department? Click here to schedule a consult!